Financial Analyst - Commercial
- Type: Full Time
Directly supports RCS’ Commercial Real Estate Portfolio and is a key finance point of contact for both internal and external business partners. This position will also support the Director of Capital in preparation and review of offering memoranda and will assist in supporting the existing portfolio of equity relationships. The Analyst will develop a detailed knowledge of each asset and provide on-going financial analysis and support. As needed, the position will require the review of key transaction documents, investment pro forma, equity waterfalls, lender term sheets, third party reports and all transaction related due diligence material. The Analyst will utilize this information to prepare and convey the risks and merits of a transaction as well as clearly communicate deal structure and projected returns to equity partners.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a self-starter that can quickly transition into new projects based on the firm’s existing portfolio and acquisition pipeline. RCS is looking for a committed analyst to support the departments strategic growth and operational objectives. This individual must be detail-oriented, highly analytical and able to strive in a fast-paced environment. Strong communication, financial modelling, and writing skills are required. A very organized, self-starter will strive in this role.
• Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Interest and/or experience in private equity
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience in financial analysis environment; mortgage or Commercial Real Estate industry is preferred.
• Skilled at financial modeling in MS Excel:
o Firm understanding of Time-Value-Money fundamentals
o Able to work with existing models and build custom analyses
o Build meaningful and actionable graphic summaries
• Basic understanding of an issuer’s capital structure and financial position
• Experience with loan and partnership agreements is a plus but not required
• Ability to prepare concise and informative written presentations in MS Word, MS Power Point
• Detail oriented
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects/deadlines
• Ability to work flexible hours/overtime
• Creative and analytic problem solvers