Job Title: Vice President of Acquisitions
Job Type: Full-Time; Exempt
Reports to: Chief Acquisitions Officer
Date: July 2022
Real Capital Solutions is a highly entrepreneurial Real Estate Investment Company pairing active capital with an emphasis on street level solutions. As an active investment management company, we source value-add, opportunistic, development and longer term hold investment opportunities in a variety of markets. RCS is a solutions-oriented real estate company that focuses on Acquisitions, Development, Management and Sales for highly complex and structured real estate opportunities. With 35 years of operational and real estate expertise, we have delivered returns that are in the top 5% of private equity real estate firms in the US.
The VP of Acquisitions will generate new acquisitions, joint venture investments and development opportunities. This position will evaluate each new commercial opportunity to determine whether the investment meets certain key criteria. Serves in a deal structuring capacity and oversees the investment analysis, underwriting, due diligence coordination, contract and partner negotiations, equity and financing packages, and risk analysis involved in the purchase and investment plan for the asset. He/she will also be involved in the equity capitalization and debt financing process. This includes working with the capital markets team to coordinate the presentation of the investment to both internal and external equity sources as well as various debt providers.
• Source and underwrite potential acquisition and development deals
• Develop initial business/investment plan for rents, capital improvements, operational changes, and sale
• Present to the Investment Committee
• Work directly with senior executives to continually refine investment strategy
• Work with financing team to source, quote, and place project‐level financing
• Negotiate directly with sellers and brokers to secure acquisitions on best possible terms
• Develop detailed business plans for Investors approval including the modeling of financial projections with detailed capital and operating budgets
• Underwrite and perform due diligence
• Manage the real estate investment process, including monitoring construction draws and change orders and the execution of acquisition and renovation/development plans
• Develop annual operating and capital budgets with the financial team
• Underwrite prospective deals in a clear, transparent way that serves our investment committee and investors well and then execute on those deals to close them quickly, reliably, with well‐managed risk and with a smooth turnover to asset management, providing a clear repositioning and/or value creation strategy for the asset.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, real estate or related field.
• Master’s degree in Real Estate or MBA is a plus.
• 7 – 10 years of real estate acquisitions experience.
• Real estate acquisition underwriting experience is required
• Excellent quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and management skills
• Ability to approach problems both logically and creatively
• Excellent organizational and strategic planning skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong understanding of Argus lease analysis software
• Understand deal structuring, waterfalls, development and generate creative solutions to maximize investor returns
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to create financial models is essential
• Excel in a high-impact position within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Highly organized with a keen sense of moving things forward to positive end results
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 20%, travel frequency intermittent.
DESIRED PERSONAL TRAITS
• Passion and loyalty for the company.
• Ability to think analytically and problem solve, combined with a willingness to ask questions and work collaboratively.
• Hard-working team player, positive and enthusiastic.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter.
• Ability to work under time pressures with multiple priorities while able to meet deadlines with accuracy.
• Discretion with confidential information.
• Comfort with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
• Very driven and competitive
• Willing to work extremely hard
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit when doing paperwork or answering emails; use hands or fingers to utilize computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.