Division President - Chief Investment Officer (CIO)
- Type: Full Time
The Division President/CIO is responsible for:
• Achieving annual acquisition goals with real estate investments that are reasonably underwritten to achieve and maintain the historic investment return of 25% IRR while applying high leverage.
• Working with the Founder and other Division Presidents, to ensure sustained profitability, a dynamic culture, and creating and building a team that will ensure RCS is best in class (defined as achieving real estate investment returns for investors that are in the top 5% of all Real Estate Private Equity Firms).
• Providing strategic leadership by working with the Founder, Advisors and other leaders/management to achieve the long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
• Working with the Founder and other Division Presidents to help raise capital in order to successfully create a sustainable profit sharing program at RCS for attracting and retaining the best employees in their field.
• Maintaining and building the RCS culture that is consistent with the company’s Mission and Values Statement.
Specific candidate requirements include:
• Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in commercial real estate, multifamily real estate, and development acquisitions & dispositions.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in a company of 100 = employee with 6 – 8 direct reports.
• Verifiable accomplishments managing and accomplishing the full cycle of real estate acquisition including origination, negotiation, underwriting, due diligence, closing, securing debt and equity.
• Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions.
• Experience in raising equity through relationships with family offices and high net worth individuals that have been personally developed (vs. existing relationships of the employer).
• Exceptional relationship skills and the ability to establish rapport with a wide range of individuals representing a spectrum of real estate professionals, investors, employees, board members, consultants/advisors as well as peers.
• Experience managing investments, raising capital, and managing clients during a “down” real estate investment cycle.
• Excellent presentation skills that reflect confidence, competence, and the ability to articulate complex investment concepts in a highly digestible fashion.
• Ability to travel frequently on a national level, to meet with clients and prospective clients.
• Undergraduate degree required; MBA or CFA preferred.
• Ability to monitor and anticipate trends and changes within the industry.
• Excellent verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage effectively and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated commitment to accountability and measuring outcomes.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.