Director of Capital Raise
- Type: Full Time
The Director of Capital Raise will work to establish and maintain relationships with high –net worth family offices, universities, and small endowments, with the intent of attracting capital for investment in RCS real estate investment opportunities. Incumbent will market investment opportunities; obtain and close capital commitments and work with Real Capital Solutions capital team to create best in class investor communication and reporting. This role will be instrumental in increasing investor recognition of Real Capital Solutions connectivity in the national family office arena.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a self-starter that can quickly recruit investors for RCS. RCS is looking for a hardworking, experienced capital raise incumbent to assist in building and maintaining investor relationships. This individual will have strong financial and interpersonal skills with a proven track record for raising capital from high–net worth family offices, universities, and small endowments.
• Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or economics (or related work experience)
• An MBA, or related degree are a plus but not required
• Must have a Series 65?? License (use wording from letter we had DJ sign that Amy Bowler prepared)
• 10+ years of experience with family office investment management business
• Strong working knowledge of investment theory and practice within the family office marketplace – particularly equity investing
• Real Estate Asset Investment knowledge is important
• Demonstrated experience working with high quality investment organizations, combined with a track record of delivering results at both the strategic and sales levels.
• A strong understanding of investment products and the ability to translate that knowledge into an effective sales, product and marketing platform.
• Demonstrated organizational skills that will allow him/her to work effectively with clients.
• Strong strategic, leadership, and presentation skills, supported by excellent oral and written communication skills.
• A thoughtful, strategic style combined with results oriented execution skills.
• A capacity to thrive in a dynamic culture where all professionals are challenged to consistently achieve optimal results.
• An appreciation for the contributions of colleagues and the ability to sustain a level of collegiality and teamwork in a high performance culture.
• A personal presence and presentation that will command the respect of colleagues and investment staffs/CIO’s.
• A proactive, highly motivated and self-assured approach to business leadership and development, with a team-based mindset-“check your ego at the door”.
• Team-orientation, integrity, initiative, thoroughness, resourcefulness, interest in continual learning and ability to juggle multiple projects.